I received a package in the mail a while back that I’ve wanted to write about for ages.
A busy work schedule and parenting duties kept me from giving this write-up its proper due.
Smile Create Repeat, the brainchild of artist, Tony Luongo, is a fantastic subscription service for the aspiring artist or creative hobbyist.
Each month, art supplies are delivered to your door along with instructions and ideas on how to use them.
The package I received contained the following:
- 1 Graphite Pencil for sketching your ideas.
- 1 Pentel Oil Pastel ( yellow green)
- 3 Mungyo Gallery Oil Pastels ( ochre, red, and white)
- 1 Caran D’Ache Neocolor II watersoluble wax crayon *I especially liked how the crayons were carefully encased in a strip of burlap to keep them from rolling around in the box during shipping.
- 1 Tria Art Marker (blue)
- 1 4x4 Da Vinci Pro Birch Wood Painting Panel (great for oil pastel painting).
- 1 4in x 6in Sheet of Guerrilla Cartón Board (great for pastel and water-based media. It is resin-coated to keep from buckling when water is used).
- A sheet of light brown craft paper for practice with your new materials.
- An art lesson on how to use the materials in an abstract drawing/painting.
Coloring and creative projects are a terrific choice for family time and Smile Create Repeat is here to help guide those enjoyable hours.
Smile Create Repeat also maintains an active presence on Facebook where it shares further ideas, video demonstrations, and special projects with its growing community of subscribers.
As a professional illustrator and art instructor, I can happily recommend Smile Create Repeat to anyone with a desire to broaden their creative repertoire or parents raising a young artist.
What artist wouldn’t want new art supplies to arrive in the mail each month?